Happy Almost New Year! As 2021 comes to a close, we've got a lot to talk about today, including an in-depth look at Blake's newly released app, Earmark CPE! We've got the latest updates on the Trump fraud investigation, and what's going on in the world of COVID relief-fund fraud. We're also spending some time answering four great listener emails on CPA exam stats, that pesky 150-hour requirement, QuickBooks Desktop, and client relationships. In app news, we're covering acquisitions by Sage, and Xero, and a Series B raise by Ekos, a craft-brewery-focused software! Grab your party hat, a glass of bubbly, and join us!
- Elon Musk says he will pay over $11 billion in taxes this year
- Earmark (the Apple version) Lives!
- Just how does Earmark CPE work?
- 150 hours required for non-CPA partner in CPA firm
- In re QuickBooks Desktop
- Relationships with clients - Greg Bayramian
- Blake’s take on handling client communications
- Trump Fraud Inquiry’s Focus: Did He Mislead His Own Accountants? - The New York Times
- Thieves Nab $100M in Pandemic Relief Funds - CFO
Criminals have stolen nearly $100 billion in Covid relief funds, Secret Service says
White House downplays Secret Service estimate of COVID fraud
- Comparing pandemic shrink to retail shrink
- IRS seized $3.5 billion in cryptocurrency this past year, agency says
- Sage to acquire cloud-based retail management system | Accounting Today
Sage to acquire Brightpearl
Sage snaps up retail management company Brightpearl for £225 million
- Xero to acquire Canadian tax software provider, TaxCycle | Xero Blog
Xero (ASX:XRO) snaps up TaxCycle on $75.7m spree
Xero to acquire Canadian tax software provider, TaxCycle
- Tax Change Hits Payment Apps - CPA Trendlines
- Ekos raises $21 million Series B to digitally connect the craft supply chain
Get in Touch
Thanks for listening and for the great reviews! We appreciate you! Follow and tweet @BlakeTOliver
. Find us on Facebook
and, if you like what you hear, please do us a favor and write a review on iTunes
, or Podchaser
. Interested in sponsoring the Cloud Accounting Podcast? For details, read the prospectus
, and NOW, you can see our smiling faces on Instagram
! You can now call us and leave a voicemail, maybe we'll play it on the show. DIAL (202) 695-1040
Need Accounting Conference Info?
Limited edition shirts, stickers, and other necessities
Oh My Fraud: A True Crime Podcast for Accountants: ohmyfraud.com
Want to get the word out about your newsletter, webinar, party, Facebook group, podcast, e-book, job posting, or that fancy Excel macro you just created? Why not let the listeners of The Cloud Accounting Podcast know by running a classified ad? Hit the link below to get more info.
Go here to create your classified ad: https://cloudacctpod.link/RunClassifiedAd
Full Transcript Available Upon Request - firstname.lastname@example.org