Nipping at the heels of Christmas, we've got a proverbial sleigh full of news, from partnerships, raises, and updates, to discussions about SMB payments, the speed of ACH, and a review! We'll also break down the story of the attack on Kronos that is causing payment delays for its staff, and take a look at Intuit's (maybe not so new) approach to poaching employees straight out of their current firms. We've got a plethora of app updates, as well as a look at what FloQast intends to do with its new studio. Sing a Yuletide carol, hang a stocking, then grab a Christmas cookie or five, and have a listen!
– David’s early Christmas present - interns!
– Blake’s early Christmas present – Earmark is almost live!
– Some Kronos Customers Face Payroll, Scheduling Disruptions From Hack – CFO
Cyberattack on Payroll Provider Sets Off Scramble Ahead of Holidays
– Kronos Warns Cyberattack May Knock HR Software Offline for Weeks
– Communications sent to impacted Kronos Private Cloud (KPC) customers beginning December, 13 at 12:45
More Kronos reading:
Payroll Service Kronos Offline After Ransomware Attack
Jonathan Feldman Tweet
– Update on Hubdoc fetch
– H&R Block is suing Block, formerly Square, over its new name
H&R Block sues Square to drop the name 'Block' | PaymentsSource | Accounting Today
– Just 30% of SMBs Have Taken Steps to Automate AP | PYMNTS.com
– Even Same-Day ACH Too Slow for Consumers as Instant Payouts Rewrite the Rules
Intuit is going after your staff for TurboTax Live
– Intuit’s culture of positivity and inclusion enables tax and bookkeeping experts to help consumers and small businesses in navigating stressful financial decisions
– No time off policy
– FloQast opens entertainment studio, teases upcoming accountant comedy series | Accounting Today
– At tech company Expensify, workers vote on each other's pay raises
– DiviPay Gets $20M in Series A Round
– OakNorth deepens support for SMEs with its first acquisition – and says there will be more
– Affirm spinout Resolve raises $25M in Insight Partners-led round to grow B2B buy now, pay later offering
– Built Technologies Debuts Built Pay Digital Payment Solution
– Software start-up Airtable hits $11 billion valuation in latest funding, adds Salesforce, Michael Dell as investors
Get in Touch
Thanks for listening and for the great reviews! We appreciate you! Follow and tweet @BlakeTOliver
. Find us on Facebook
and, if you like what you hear, please do us a favor and write a review on iTunes
, or Podchaser
. Interested in sponsoring the Cloud Accounting Podcast? For details, read the prospectus
, and NOW, you can see our smiling faces on Instagram
! You can now call us and leave a voicemail, maybe we'll play it on the show. DIAL (202) 695-1040
Need Accounting Conference Info?
Limited edition shirts, stickers, and other necessities
Want to get the word out about your newsletter, webinar, party, Facebook group, podcast, e-book, job posting, or that fancy Excel macro you just created? Why not let the listeners of The Cloud Accounting Podcast know by running a classified ad? Hit the link below to get more info.
Go here to create your classified ad: https://cloudacctpod.link/RunClassifiedAd
Full Transcript Available Upon Request - email@example.com