News, and opinions abound in this week's episode! We've got more news from the world of the IRS about how four senators are either for, or against (we're not quite sure) a 'place-holder service' called enQ, and why the IRS reform could raise more revenue than expected. We've also got the latest on SPAC shenanigans, and the new wave of restatements to account for "accounting errors." In more positive news, we're getting into the weeds about the CPA Evolution Model Curriculum revision, and what it means for accounting education; what it got right, and what it totally left out. In app news, we'll look over the earnings from Intuit, and Sage, and what these companies are doing to step up their games. We've got raises, small, and large, from the likes of Outmin, Pixie, Formstack, and Practice Ignition, and we've got a whole host of updates from the QBO camp. In other news, we've got a story about deep-fake voice cloning, $35 million missing, and why everyone should employ a variety of verification factors that can prevent this kind of crime from becoming second nature. Grab a beverage of your choosing, and join us!
– SPACs Headed for New Wave of Restatements for Accounting Errors
– Senators Question Commissioner About Company Offering Fee-Based Access to IRS Phone Lines
– Opinion | IRS reform will generate a lot more revenue than the CBO thinks - The Washington Post
– AICPA, NASBA publish revised CPA Evolution Model Curriculum - Journal of Accountancy
– A closer look at the Model
– Practical v. Theoretical – which is better for accounting education?
– In the weeds – what’s missing from the revised CPA Evolution Model Curriculum?
– Can I get this in Excel?
Faculty want the CPA Evolution Model Curriculum in Excel.
– The Sage Group plc (SGGEF) CEO Steve Hare on Q4 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Sage posts 10% drop in operating profit after investing in cloud
Accelerating growth driven by continued strategic progress (PDF)
– Intuit inc (INTU) Q1 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
– Chimp Change – how QuickBooks Advanced is heading deeper into the midmark with MailChimp
Intuit: Monetizing Its Vast Data Treasure Trove by Creating Better Outcomes For Customers
– What’s new in QuickBooks Online: November 2021 – QuickBooks
– Practice Ignition raises $50M | Accounting Today
Practice Ignition lands $50M to scale globally
– Formstack raises $425M for a no-code platform that helps businesses automate their customer and internal workflows
– Paychex Adds Support for Vaccination Status Tracking to its COVID-19 Technology Solutions
– Pixie, the operating system for small accounting firms, pockets £2.25M to grow further
– Accounting tech start-up to double headcount following funding boost
– Scammers Clone Exec's Voice, Steal $35M From Bank
– Listener Voicemail. Thank you!
– We’ve Got a Review! Thank you!
Get in Touch
Thanks for listening and for the great reviews! We appreciate you! Follow and tweet @BlakeTOliver
. Find us on Facebook
and, if you like what you hear, please do us a favor and write a review on iTunes
, or Podchaser
. Interested in sponsoring the Cloud Accounting Podcast? For details, read the prospectus
, and NOW, you can see our smiling faces on Instagram
! You can now call us and leave a voicemail, maybe we'll play it on the show. DIAL (202) 695-1040
Need Accounting Conference Info?
Limited edition shirts, stickers, and other necessities
Want to get the word out about your newsletter, webinar, party, Facebook group, podcast, e-book, job posting, or that fancy Excel macro you just created? Why not let the listeners of The Cloud Accounting Podcast know by running a classified ad? Hit the link above to get more info!
Full Transcript Available Upon Request - email@example.com