Welcome! Today, we're talking about one good reason to get your CPA, along with a host of news from the accounting world, including PwC's new mandate that allows staff to work remotely forever (with a catch), how work-life balance improves audits, but not job satisfaction, and why going back to the office isn't so great when teams are hybrid. FYI - if you feel the need to throw our names in the hat, nominations are open for the Accounting Today 100 Most Influential!
In app news, Intuit hosts its 2021 Investor Day, while quietly acquiring DataDear to connect QBO Advanced with Excel. We've got some excellent listener feedback on Quicken v. QuickBooks, Avalara's acquisition of Track1099, Xero's day-long outage, along with more updates from QuickBooks Online. We'll talk about Sage's announcement about 800 job cuts, and how Lightspeed stock recently plummeted due to a short seller lawsuit (and 125-page article). Enjoy!
– Blake talks about his visit to the Institute of Management Accountants in Texas, his interview with IMA President Jeff Thomson, and gives more detail on the upcoming Earmark CPA!
– State auditor steps down after failing accounting exams
– Ski Areas Are Struggling To Find Employees For The Upcoming Season
– Exclusive-PwC tells U.S. employees they need never return to the office
– Work-life balance improves audits, but not job satisfaction
– In-person Zoom is the new norm for many workers returning to the office
– The real stakes of Apple’s battle over remote work
– Remote work is making productivity and innovation harder, says Microsoft study
– Accounting Today calls for nominations for 2021 Top 100 People
– Intuit Investor Day 2021
– Our strategy is to be an “AI-driven expert platform”
– QuickBooks Online Advanced adding Excel integration
– Listener mail – QuickBooks v. Quicken? Thanks, Stephen Smith!
– Avalara Acquires Track1099 to Help Businesses Manage IRS Form Filing Requirements
– Xero System Status – Current and Past Incidents
– What’s new in QuickBooks Online: September 2021
– A Message from Sage CEO Steve Hare to Sage colleagues
– (LSPD) Alert: Did You Lose Money on Your Lightspeed Commerce Investment? Contact Johnson Fistel Regarding Investigation
– Lightspeed (TSX:LSPD) Stock: Is an Accounting Scandal Brewing?
Get in Touch
Thanks for listening and for the great reviews! We appreciate you! Follow and tweet @BlakeTOliver
. Find us on Facebook
and, if you like what you hear, please do us a favor and write a review on iTunes
, or Podchaser
. Interested in sponsoring the Cloud Accounting Podcast? For details, read the prospectus
, and NOW, you can see our smiling faces on Instagram
! You can now call us and leave a voicemail, maybe we'll play it on the show. DIAL (202) 695-1040
Need Accounting Conference Info?
Limited edition shirts, stickers, and other necessities
Want to get the word out about your newsletter, webinar, party, Facebook group, podcast, e-book, job posting, or that fancy Excel macro you just created? Why not let the listeners of The Cloud Accounting Podcast know by running a classified ad? Hit the show notes for the link to get more info.
Full Transcript Available Upon Request - firstname.lastname@example.org