Kristen Keats, CPA, founder of Breakaway Bookkeeping & Advising, joins the show to talk about busy season burnout, KPMG Canada's new foray into outsourced accounting with "KPMG Finance Plus," along with updates on the Restaurant Revitalization Fund, and Child Tax Credit expansion. We'll also talk about the AICPA's advocacy for tax penalty relief, whether or not the Biden IRS will come after your clients, Elizabeth Warren's opinions about the tax prep industry, the latest opportunities for automation in audit, and more!
– Welcome Kristen Keats, founder of Breakaway Bookkeeping & Advising, and practice owner at Sherwood Tax & Accounting
– David’s Rant of the Week – Virtual conferences suck
– REVIEW! Thank you, Jolen.opyc!
– Burnout Is Real, On the Rise, and Retractable
– Restaurant Revitalization Fund to stop accepting applications Monday - Journal of Accountancy
– SBA will close Restaurant Revitalization Fund on Monday — just 3 weeks after opening
Restaurant Revitalization Fund faces huge funding shortfall
– Child Tax Credit Expansion Kicks In July 15 With Monthly Payments to Families
– Under Armour shareholders can sue over sales disclosures
– Will Biden’s IRS be coming after your clients?
– Elizabeth Warren’s take on the tax-preparer industry
– Innovations in audit: KPMG deploys smart glasses
– Auditors leverage technology lessons from pandemic
– We Found Joe Biden’s Secret Venmo. Here’s Why That’s A Privacy Nightmare For Everyone.
– April sees resurgence in ransomware attacks - IT-Online
Get in Touch
Thanks for listening and for the great reviews! We appreciate you! Follow and tweet @BlakeTOliver
. Find us on Facebook
and, if you like what you hear, please do us a favor and write a review on iTunes
, or Podchaser
. Interested in sponsoring the Cloud Accounting Podcast? For details, read the prospectus
, and NOW, you can see our smiling faces on Instagram
! You can now call us and leave a voicemail, maybe we'll play it on the show. DIAL (202) 695-1040
Need Accounting Conference Info?
Limited edition shirts, stickers, and other necessities
Want to get the word out about your newsletter, webinar, party, Facebook group, podcast, e-book, job posting, or that fancy Excel macro you just created? Why not let the listeners of The Cloud Accounting Podcast know by running a classified ad? Hit the show notes for the link to get more info.
Full Transcript Available Upon Request - firstname.lastname@example.org