IRS To Increase Audits On Small Business By 50%
Happy Almost Thanksgiving! Before we stuff ourselves senseless on socially distanced turkey, we're talking remote work, and compensation for all those work-from-home expenses. We'll also discuss why women are less likely than men to feel fairly compensated for those expenses. Then we'll dig into PPP news, with talks about how the IRS plans to increase audits on small businesses by 50% — and how that's a joke based on the latest numbers. Meanwhile, since the IRS is investigating fewer tax preparers, is fraud declining? We'll also hit on the various and sundry confusion points regarding PPP loan forgiveness, the AICPA's contentions with the IRS on penalty relief, and the PPP loan necessity questionnaires by the SBA, all while Mnuchin pulls the plug on some pandemic lending programs. In other news, we'll examine some of the top challenges of accounting firms in 2020, and ponder why over a third of Americans won't move to rural areas due to slow internet speeds. In app-ish news, we'll talk all things QuickBooks Connect (Virtual) 2020, QuickBooks Live, Intuit earnings, and why Xero investors should forget about the United States market. Enjoy!
- Thomson Reuters: https://cloudaccountingpodcast.promo/trcloud
- ClockShark: https://cloudaccountingpodcast.promo/clockshark
- OnPay: https://cloudaccountingpodcast.promo/onpay
07:58 – 36% of Americans Won't Move to Rural Areas Due to Slow Internet Speeds
20:01 – PODCAST: How Fraud and Waste Seeped into a COVID Stimulus Program (WSJ’s The Journal)
27:57 – AICPA disagrees with IRS commissioner Rettig on penalty relief
30:10 – IRS investigating fewer tax preparers
39:28 – QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping update: November 2020
54:41 – A Review! Thank you, B Stoltzfus!
Need Accounting Conference Info?
- Apple Podcasts: http://cloudacctpod.link/ApplePodcasts
- Podchaser: http://cloudacctpod.link/podchaser
- Spotify: http://cloudacctpod.link/Spotify
- Google Play: http://cloudacctpod.link/GooglePlay
- Stitcher: http://cloudacctpod.link/Stitcher
- Overcast: http://cloudacctpod.link/Overcast
Full Transcript Available Upon Request - firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our newsletter!
Get notified about new episodes and other updates from Blake and David
Copyright © 2020 Blake Oliver