Good day, eh? At QuickBooks Connect 2019, we got the chance to connect with our northern neighbors, Intuit's Scott Zandbergen, and Cheryl Monmohan, and CA Brad Celmainis, to get the latest news on QuickBooks in Canada.
- Intuit QuickBooks https://cloudaccountingpodcast.promo/quickbooks
- 01:35 – Let's meet The Canadians! (Well, three of them, anyway …)
- 03:41 – Canada's no longer last in the lunch line with the increasing focus on QuickBooks Online
- 04:50 – Scott and Brad pontificate on the new QBO statement-importing feature
- 06:27 – How do Canadians approach cloud accounting, and all the innovation that comes along with it?
- 08:13 – Along with faster adoption of new tech, Canadian app development is on the rise, and people seem to share a common passion and excitement, without a lot of drama, on the socials.
- 10:42 – With the Canadian government’s investment in functional, high-speed internet, clients being eternally bound to their desktop programs is more the exception than the norm
- 12:00 – Brad talks benefits of going full cloud
- 14:43 – Scott talks about some of the work Intuit’s Canadian branch is doing to solve for Canada-specific issues, such as tax and payroll
- 16:30 – Winter is coming, or you'll be coming to Winter is you visit QuickBooks Connect Toronto. Grab a toque, or a touque, or a tuque?
- 18:24 – While Canadian accountants are excited about new industry developments, they also know a good thing when they use it, and tend to stay loyal to a narrow collection of accounting tools
- 19:36 – Brad sees a sort of ‘take it or leave it’ attitude when it comes to dealing with U.S. accounting software developers. Some listen; some don’t.
- 21:50 – Cheryl notes that conferences, such as QuickBooks Connect, and Scaling New Heights are a prime method for discussion, learning, and developing partnerships that will lead to future opportunities
Connect with Scott, Cheryl, and Brad
- Scott Zandbergen, Principal Marketing Manager and Accounting Community Advocate at Intuit
- Cheryl Manmohan, Senior Training & Education Program Manager at Intuit
- Brad Celmainis, CPA and President of Brad Celmainis Accounting Solutions
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BradCelmainis
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bradcelmainis/
- Website: https://bradcelmainis.com/
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/getintuit/?source_id=622030231160596
- Learn more about QuickBooks Connect Toronto here: https://can.quickbooksconnect.com/?cid=SOC_CA_QBC_-NON_INT-QBC-CA-Blog-SponsorProfile
Get in Touch
Thanks for listening and for the great reviews! We appreciate you! Follow and tweet @BlakeTOliver and @DavidLeary. Find us on Facebook and, if you like what you hear, please do us a favor and write a review on iTunes, or Podchaser. Interested in sponsoring the Cloud Accounting Podcast? For details, read the prospectus, and NOW, you can see our smiling faces on Instagram!
Meet Blake in person!
- December 9-11: Digital CPA Conference in Seattle
Limited edition shirts, stickers, and other necessities
- TeePublic Store: http://cloudacctpod.link/merch
- Apple Podcasts: http://cloudacctpod.link/ApplePodcasts
- Spotify: http://cloudacctpod.link/Spotify
- Google Play: http://cloudacctpod.link/GooglePlay
- Stitcher: http://cloudacctpod.link/Stitcher
- Overcast: http://cloudacctpod.link/Overcast
Episode Art Photo Credit: